George & Winifred Harley
The Harleys were missionary pioneers, founding Ganta Methodist Mission in 1926. At that time, there were no vehicular roads that far in the interior. Nonetheless, George dissembled an automobile and had the parts packed to Ganta. He rebuilt the car and used it on the small network of roads around the 250-acre mission property. The Harleys are pictured here in front of Stone House, Ganta Methodist Mission.